Wednesday, May 29, 2013

More quick watercolors from Denver



"View from the Hospital Window" 5x8 Watercolor

"Street View from Porter Adventist Hospital Window" 5x8 Watercolor

During the 3 night stay my husband was in the hospital there were two views of two different seasons.  One before a snow storm and the other after around a foot of snow was dumped on Denver.  Being a girl from the South I don't drive in the snow or ice .....and the thought of it strikes fear in me! I stayed in and painted as I looked from the hospital room window. Fortunately the spring snow melted quickly, the roads cleared and we made it back safely to Cheyenne on the day my husband was released.  

These 2 little 5x8 pleinair style paintings were done while looking out his window.  The view was so beautiful unfortunately the hubby didn't get to enjoy it! As a follow up note.... We were in Denver yesterday for one of his followup appointments, I told him we might should go visit the 4th floor at the hospital and check out the view in the solarium.   Guess not enough time has passed....because he was still not interested in checking out the view!!!  :)  

1 comment:

enLiven said...

Hey Gail,

Just checked out your new design on your web. My oh my you are one busy artist. Love seeing all your images.