Monday, July 8, 2013

Yee Haw! BEST OF SHOW!!!

"Tug of War"
18 x24 Frames Pastel Painting by Gail Watford- $125
now showing at the Cheyenne Artist Guild, 1701 Morrie Ave. Cheyenne WY
12 Noon-5pm Tues-Friday, 10am-2 pm Saturday (located inside Holliday Park)
 
 
Just got word a few days ago my painting 18x24 pastel painting "Tug of War" got BEST OF SHOW at the Western Show at the Cheyenne Artists Guild! I'm so excited!!!!  I started this painting a few years back, putting it away until just recently. I felt the first version needed something extra, just didn't know what?  Unfortunately it took me a long time see what I wanted to do.  It makes it sweet to have struggled with this painting then to win the honor of Best of Show!  
 
I would like to invite you, if your in Cheyenne, during July to come by and check out my painting as well as the other western themed art in the show. Every year this is such a fun show coinciding with Frontier Days! The town is alive with festive parades, rodeos, events, and lots lively decorations! At the guild we also try to also get in the spirit!  This year why not add viewing some Western Art at the Cheyenne Artists Guild to a fun day in Cheyenne? You might even find some unique western souvenirs in the gallery or gift shop to take home as a memory of a the day! 
 
Oh.... by the way  I'm curious....which "Tug of War" do you like best? You can check out my first version below!
 
Early version of "Tug of War"


2 comments:

enLiven said...

Well why do I need to choose? Both have the lowering sun which I like. congrats!

Unknown said...

decisions decisions. . .I think I like the early version better but that's just because I love colors, bright beautiful colors. lol Either way this is an amazing photo.