Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ever wonder what happens in an artist's bedroom?


More than likely, only an artist would know that this is what really happens in an artists extra bedroom! Oh yeah, and by the way,  I'm only letting you see a small portion of this chaos! It's  stacked, at this minute standing room only with art supplies and paintings... coming, going or being stored. Nope, no room here except on the rare occasion my cat curls her way onto a small corner of the pillow! Today is one of those days she won't be finding her comfy sleeping spot!!! 

Why is my room like this?  Personally, I believe in trying new ideas to get art into to the world.  One of my goals this year was to become part of the group "Wyoming First".  It is a program developed by the Wyoming Business Council to advance businesses in Wyoming. Once approved, they will actively help promote through various venues.  One of the ways they get the word out is by hosting the "Wyoming Made Store" for their members at Cheyenne Frontier Days and at the Wyoming State Fair.  This is my first year to take part and as you can see I am knee deep, as they say back in the South, in getting ready.  But I guess I didn't really have to tell you that?  Yes, this is part of my inventory that will go to both locations!  I will have note cards of 6 of my paintings, coffee mugs displayed with my art, as well as framed and unframed paintings available.  Quite a production when you consider all the preparation of labeling and packaging.  Fortunately, light is at the end of the tunnel and I am nearly ready. I will be postings of some of my paintings that will be going in the upcoming weeks.  

For those of you that have never been by the "Wyoming Made Store" at Cheyenne Frontier Days, it will be open every day at Wild Horse Gulch  from 11am to 8pm, July 20-29, 2012. One of the best things is that Wild Horse Gulch has no admission! It has been one of my favorite places to go during Frontier Days. Always a good time, with creative fun things to do and purchase!  Check out a 30 second video on this link: Wild Horse Gulch Video.  

Well partner, my boots are polished and my hat is hanging by the door ready to go!  YEE-HAW!!! 

3 comments:

enLiven said...

Your headline sure got my attention! So impressed with your collection of art and know my pastel pal will have her art moving across the county.

Cmichaudart said...

Surfing tonight and happy to find your blog...love the 5 x 7 birds, a favorite subject of mine also. And, yes, your bed top is a great filing system! Best of luck with the show. I'll follow along!

Unknown said...

Thanks Enliven and Cindy, So glad you enjoyed my post!!! I'm having fun working on these little 5x7 birds!